[pmwiki-users] WikiTrails with branches?

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 17:42:30 CST 2007

--- Steve Glover <steve at fell-services.net> wrote:

> I have a sequence of pages that relate to a
> procedure for setting up
> membership in an organisation, and there are a
> couple of points where
> the user could go off to one of three different
> pages, but then come
> back to the same page:
>
>                     /-> PageTwoA \
> PageOne --> PageTwo --> PageTwoB --> PageThree -->
PageFour
>                     \-> PageTwoC /

You could probably just build a trail that looked like
this:

* PageOne
* PageTwo
* PageTwoA
* PageThree
* PageFour

* PageTwo
* PageTwoB
* PageThree

* PageTwo
* PageTwoC
* PageThree

I haven't tested this, but with the way that looping
is allowed, this would probably achieve what you want.
 The normal progression from PageTwo would be to
PageTwoA, but if the user happened to get to PageTwoB
or PageTwoC from PageTwo, the prev and next links
would probably get set right for him.  The only
problem I see is that PageFour will loop back around
to PageTwo!

-Martin