[pmwiki-users] Weird PageTextVar behavior (bug?)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Feb 27 10:45:38 CST 2007

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 04:33:54PM +0100, Petko Yotov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There is a problem with PageTextVariables with the latest beta: it is
> sometimes impossible to set such a variable with the markup:
>
> (:MyVar:Some value:)
>
> I have set five demo pages at http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/PTV-Petko1 if anyone
> wishes to look at it.
>
> What is weird, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.
> Actually, I wish it always worked.

It appears to have something to do with the (:markup:) [=...=]
surrounding the page text variables.  When I move the page text
variables out of the (:markup:) directive, everything works.

This doesn't surprise me too much, as (:markup:) has to do funny
things in order to get stuff to work.  Still, it does surprise
me a little, so I'll see if I can figure out why.  But as far
as I can tell, removing the (:markup:) [=...=] directives from
the demo pages causes everything to work properly.