[pmwiki-users] Block Link Creation from Group

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Feb 27 09:05:30 CST 2007

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 02:48:12PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> Tuesday, February 27, 2007, 2:41:42 PM, Scott wrote:
> > I think that a warning would be a wonderful idea (at least as an
> > option) because it is too easy to forget about groups when you create
> > a page like [[Drinking coffee/tea]] and you get a totally unexpected
> > result.
>
> But how should PmWiki "know" that this is undesired and you don't want
> a group "DrinkingCoffee"? I think we start asking too much of it.

In Site.EditForm, add the following (pick a suitably appropriate message):

    (:if ! exists {*$Group.RecentChanges} :)
    This will create a new group called "{*$Group}" -- are you sure you
    want to do this?
    (:if:)

I can also write this up as a recipe (to be installed from a local
customization file), and we could also provide a "confirm creation of new
group" checkbox that the author must check before the page/group is
created.