[pmwiki-users] Group security

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Feb 26 17:01:54 CST 2007

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 02:29:36PM -0800, Robert Laird wrote:
>    Thanks! You were right: during my testing I somehow didn't fully logout,
>    so the explicit logout demonstrated that the group WAS protected, without
>    me having to change anything, including the search.
>
>    I did have $EnablePageListProtect = 1; so I think I read that somewhere
>    and tried it.
>
>    But can you tell me how to do what you suggested: "One can configure
>    PmWiki so that DEF pages won't show up in Site.AllRecentChanges at all,
>    but there's not a way to selectively view from Site.AllRecentChanges."
>    ????

Create a file called local/DEF.php

In that file put the following:

    <?php
      unset($RecentChanges['$SiteGroup.AllRecentChanges']);

Pages in the DEF group won't be added to Site.AllRecentChanges.
There will still be a DEF.RecentChanges, but only people with
permission to the DEF group will be able to see it.