[pmwiki-users] Newbie trouble

Steven Benmosh wordz2u at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 12:59:02 CST 2007

I have not used pmwiki for about a year, but now that my server is up
and running again, I installed the latest and am following the
installation instructions. Yet something is not right.

My site is www.words2u.net - it contains only the pmwiki installation
and the recommended index.php file.

I moved the sample-config file to /pmwiki/local/ and named it config.php;
I changed the following lines:

$WikiTitle = "Words2u Wiki";
$ScriptUrl = 'http://www.words2u.net/pmwiki/pmwiki.php';
$PubDirUrl = 'http://www.words2u.net/';

I created a direcory called images at the same page of index.php,
(i.e. www.words2u.net/images, put the pictures in it and set
$PageLogoUrl = "$PubDirUrl/images/costarica_map.gif

Yet when I go and look at the web site, I see neither the title nor
the picture anywhere. Which puzzles me.

Any idea where I went wrong? Should I restart the apache server? Any
additional information you need, let me know as well.

Thanks,

Z.