[pmwiki-users] Fwd: Do I need Zap or Fox?

Francis Casson pmwiki at bleaksky.net
Sat Feb 24 18:10:29 CST 2007

I'm currently experimenting with some of the forms recipes in the cookbook,
but finding it slow going as their documentation assumes more experience
with forms and databases than I currently have.  I've just about got
AddDeleteLine2 to do what I want but may need some of the functionality in
Fox or Zap which is a bit daunting...  Do others agree that most of the
documentation for most of the forms cookbook recipes assumes a higher level
of knowledge than the other cookbook recipes?

I basically want users to be able to edit and add  lines to tables without
going directly into the wiki markup which can get rather confusing for long
tables.  I like the 'delete' button that comes with AddDeleteLine2, but
really also want an 'edit' button  that calls the data from that line of
table back to the form and then allows it to be updated.  I suspect probably
both Zap and Fox will do what I need, but I am tempted to go with Zap just
because it has nice documentation for a semi-novice like myself... What are
the differences between the two?  I can't make it out from their cookbook
pages!

(I will now stop flooding the list for a while!)

Thanks,

Francis