[pmwiki-users] Community Wiki Vision

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 15:40:54 CST 2007

On 2/24/07, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> Saturday, February 24, 2007, 8:06:25 PM, Philip wrote:
> > The forum user could edit his own posts after posting,
> > but not anyone else's. The event calendar would
> > allow anyone to make a posting, but only that person could
> > edit the posting
>
> Hi Philip,
>
> I have not seen an implementation where contributors
> can only edit their own contributions, and not any others.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to do that part, using AuthUser,
for instance?

Philip:  This is a pretty nifty proposal, in its broadest terms.  Some
of the details may get complicated, but I think if the PmWiki users
get into it, it could be done.  If you do decide to use PmWiki for it,
you could create a read-protected SiteDevelopment wikigroup on the new
site, and give out the read and edit password to people who email you
for it.  Then break the project up and spread it out on pages of that
wikigroup and grow it.  (Or use some other open-source, hosted
project-management tools like smartsheet.com, zoho.com, or free
versions of http://www.37signals.com/  basecamphq and backpackit
things.)

I tend to agree with Hans about looking at phpBB for the
discussion-forum part, though.  Why reinvent that wheel, ya know?