[pmwiki-users] voting on first/last/each in pagelist templates

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Feb 21 05:02:34 CST 2007

Wednesday, February 21, 2007, 10:01:20 AM, christian wrote:

>> Pm wrote:
>> This is a "last call" for votes -- feel free to revisit
>> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/VoteOnFirstLastMarkup to adjust/change
>> your votes if you wish. I plan to be making a final
>> decision/implementation over the course of the next couple of days.

> As it's a second vote between two finalists, I placed them a ''copy'' of
> them at the top of the page, i.e.

        http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/VoteOnFirstLastMarkup

> I didn't copy the old votes, because someone had pointed out that the
> second proposal arrived late. The old votes can of course be seen further
> down, so Patrick can still go there and take those votes into
> consideration.

I think you are confusing the issue by calling it a "second vote
between two finalists". Pm called it a "last call for votes", calling
all who are interested and have not voted yet, not calling a second
vote. By placing the two final proposals on top of the original
proposals this confusion is further enhanced. I advise to undo this
change to the page, and let people place their votes underneath "the
old proposals" as they have done, and not call everyone to vote a
second time, this time voting only between two proposals.

Hans