[pmwiki-users] pagelist template brainstorming

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Feb 18 18:18:08 CST 2007

On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 11:53:41AM -0800, Martin Fick wrote:
> In the name of performance, I can think of another
> case of ifs that could be optimized.  Imagine a
> template that uses a conditional that does not change
> inside the template like this:
>
>   (:if group Photos:)
>
> or maybe using a pagelist option:
>
>   (:if equal {$$order} group :)
> [...] Could
> we also detect these kinds of conditionals and also
> optimize them out somehow?

I think I'm going to have to pass on this one -- I think
it would be too difficult to know which conditions
end up being constant over the course of the list.
Plus, there are other markups (besides page variables)
that are processed before conditionals, and we would
need to take into account any effects they may have as well.