[pmwiki-users] pagelist template brainstorming

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 15:27:41 CST 2007

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> (Sidenote:  A couple of things to keep in mind is (1) a template author
> is always free to do advanced sorts of groupings using (:if:)
> conditionals, as we have been doing before now, and (2) I still consider
> pagelist templates to be a somewhat advanced feature for authors, so
> it's okay if things are a little cryptic at times.)

I think additional directives will make pagelists easer to use. But I'd
prefer to not use (:first:), (:last:)  etc, and instead go with something
like (:pagelist-first:), (:pagelist-last:). It's a bit longer to type, but
you won't be doing it that often so I don't see it as a big problem. What
you gain is clarity - you won't start wondering what (:first:) would do
when not related to a pagelist.  (I'm ignoring that the templates can also
be used with searchresults)

Cheers
/Christian