[pmwiki-users] DataPlates recipe delayed

Ben Stallings ben at interdependentweb.com
Thu Feb 15 09:11:10 CST 2007

Hi, folks.  I had planned to have a beta of the DataPlates recipe ready
by now, but work has picked up and I may have to put it off for a couple
more months.  I'm writing to ask if anyone besides myself was counting
on using this recipe ... if so, I'll make it a higher priority.

In a nutshell, DataPlates automatically creates templates and ZAP forms
to display and edit the data pages generated by the DataQuery recipe.
DataQuery on its own merely presents database records as data pages,
which can be intimidating when you have to create your own interface to
display and edit them.  DataPlates not only generates these templates
and forms automatically (and allows you to customize them), it also
provides forms to edit DataQuery's own query-configuration pages (which
are also ZAP data pages).

The reason I say DataPlates *does* these things instead of saying it
*will do* them is that I had it working in early December, before I
decided I had gone about it all wrong and started over.  I fully
expected to have the new version working by now, but other priorities
got in the way.

So if you've been interested in DataQuery but been discouraged by its
user-unfriendliness, please let me know.  Thanks!  --Ben