[pmwiki-users] utf inclusion - odd behavior.

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Wed Feb 14 19:42:53 CST 2007

On Monday 12 February 2007 20:26, you wrote:
> >> include_once($FarmD.'/scripts/xlpage-utf-8.php');
> >>
> >> This should fix your site. You may also take a look at this page
> >> and fix some
> >> other inconviniences related to UTF-8:
> >>
> >> http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AsSpacedFunctionInUTF-8
> >
> > BTW, as of 2.2.0-beta31 the UTF-8 version of AsSpaced is now
> > part of the distribution.  (As are the other improvements in that
> > recipe. :-)
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Pm
>
> ...which were a great help for us utf-8 users if it would work ;)
> Sorry to tell you that it doesn' t seem to work (at least for me).

Sorry to answer just now Tom, but I also had this problem and here's how I
fixed it.

What I need is to FIRST include the xlpage-utf-8 script, NEXT to call XLPage:

  include_once($FarmD.'/scripts/xlpage-utf-8.php');
  XLPage('fr','Site.XLPage-fr');

This worked for me and you can test it.

Petko

P.S. The code on Cookbook:AsSpacedFunctionInUTF-8 is faster than the current
core function, as it loads the big character's array only once. But if you
have less than several dozens calls of {$Titlespaced} etc. on a page, the
speed difference may not be noticeable.