[pmwiki-users] Shared Pages in Farms

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 14 12:05:14 CST 2007

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 05:51:10PM +0100, Roman wrote:
> I am using shared pages and I am not sure with current behaviour.
> Particularly, it's not possible to delete shared pages (from web
> interface). Does it work as intended or is it a bug?

I think it's more intentional than bug, but one could argue
it either way.  :-)

In particular, I don't know that it's a good idea to allow shared
pages to be removed via the web interface -- that seems like something
that really ought to be managed more directly by the site administrator.

One solution may be to create a "field" that contains just the shared
pages for the farm, and has its $WikiDir set to the shared page
directory.  Any pages created in that field would then be available
throughout the farm, and deleting pages from that field would remove
them for the farm.