[pmwiki-users] problem upgrading, was: Re: detecting minor edit

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Feb 13 19:51:00 CST 2007

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 01:22:17AM +0100, sgp wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> >  You might try upgrading to the latest 2.2.0-beta.
> >
> The second problem I found when upgrading is also related to the sidebar
> and, like the first problem in my previous post, it involves userlang
> from multilanguage.php.
>
> I'm wondering, perhaps multilanguage.php is broken with 2.0 beta?
> Problem description: my sidebar includes the following markup to explode
> the selected group link to a sub-level menu:
>
> %sidehead% [[DY/ | $[groupDY] ]]
> (:if group DY:)(:include {$Group}.SideBar-Menu:)(:if:)

You might want to use {*$Group} here instead of {$Group}, to
refer to the group of the main page instead of the Site.SideBar
group.

OTOH, since you already have (:if group DY:) there, it
seems like it'd be more straightforward to avoid the {$Group}
variable altogether and write:

    (:if group DY:)(:include DY.SideBar-Menu:)(:if:)