[pmwiki-users] Pmwiki native spamblock not functioning

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Feb 12 09:49:51 CST 2007

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 04:40:29PM -0500, David Spitzley wrote:
> I've just set up a new wiki at http://www.davidaspitzley.org/bootstrap,
> and I'm trying to get the built in spam blocking to work.
> Specifically, it is failing to download any blocklists, and is
> also fails to block anything when I copy Site.Blocklist from
> pmwiki.org.  Here's my applicable config.php text:

Simply setting $EnableBlocklist = 10; should be sufficient to
get the automatic blocklists to work -- setting the other
blocklist variables shouldn't be needed.

>  ## Download a shared blocklist from pmwiki.org every day
>  $BlocklistDownload['Site.Blocklist-Shared'] = array('format' => 'pmwiki');

Actually, the shared blocklist on pmwiki.org is Site.Blocklist-PmWiki .

> Any suggestions as to what's amiss?
> I've got action=diag enabled, if that will help.

I looked at the diagnostics but didn't see anything obviously wrong.
I couldn't find any blocklists on the site (but that could be because
they have read passwords on them).  You're correct that it didn't
seem to be blocking posts.

Start with the simplest settings:

    $EnableBlocklist = 10;
    $EnableWhyBlocked = 1;

and then add some block phrases to Site.Blocklist, and see if it
blocks posts.  If that doesn't work, there must be something else
going on and we can investigate it a little further...