[pmwiki-users] span class="wikiword" showing while wikiwords are off

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 08:17:48 CST 2007

>  Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to create a table made of one cell per row. Each cell contains a
> truncated error message while the original full error message is shown as a
> tooltip on the cell.
> Therefore, I did the following :
>
> (:table width=100% border=0 cellspacing=1:)
> (:cellnr title="2007-02-12 00:01:20 Socket read error file number 186
> terminal #PT0CGZA address etc, etc, etc":) [-2007-02-12 00:01:20 Socket read
> error file number 186 terminal #PT0CGZA-]
> (:tableend:)
>
> The problem is that the html code for the WikiWords (span class="wikiword")
> appear in the HTML code generated by PMwiki (in the tooltip as well as in
> the table text) :
> see attachment wikiword.txt
>
> I know that the WikiWords are disabled by default since version 2 and I am
> using version 2.2.0-beta16.
> I tried to add in my local config file the line $LinkWikiWords=0, but that
> doesn't work either.
> The only workaround I've come up with is to put the text between [==].
>
> Is this a normal behaviour (I guess it is'nt) ??

This is a normal behavior. While WikiWords are turned off, they are
still silently marked. This allows site administrators to flag those
words. The flagging allows detection of these wiki words which may be
former links that need to be corrected with free linking markup.

If you want to remove this, then try adding something like this to
your local/config.php:

## bare wikilinks
Markup('wikilink', '>urllink',
  "/\\b($GroupPattern([\\/.]))?($WikiWordPattern)/e",
  "Keep(WikiLink(\$pagename,'$0'), 'L')");

This is essentially the same as the scripts/stdmarkup.php, but without
the <span> markup.

--
Ben Wilson
"Words are the only thing which will last forever" --- Churchill