[pmwiki-users] Handy Table of Contents recipe

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Feb 7 14:42:38 CST 2007

Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 3:48:21 AM, Kathryn wrote:

> So, HandyToc was born.

Thank you!
I tried it out and had some surprises (for me):
I found it is not forgiving if I have a messy hierarchy of headers.
for instance I had a page starting with h3, going to h5s,
and later to more h3s and later to h2s.
The toc ignored the later h2s, because the start was h3.
and it misplaced indents for the later h3s (too far left), because
there were no h4 (h3 to h5).
So the recipe forced me to be really consistent with headers, and
stick to a proper single step hierarchy.
I say this because first I was surprised and thought it did not work,
since it left headers out.

One other thing though I wish would not happen:
the toc includes headers from the rightbar, which is in a total
different div than the page content.
I wonder if this could be changed, and the toc only constructed from
page content.

Here is a test link showing what I mean:
http://softflow.co.uk/design/Test/TriadSkin

And regards to showing/hiding the toc, I wonder if ShowHide cannot be
used for this, acting on dic toc.

Hans