[pmwiki-users] New Hierarchical Groups Recipe...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Feb 1 18:31:13 CST 2007

On 2/1/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> FWIW, if we do come up with a good name for this method of
> clustering groups, and there's sufficient demand, I'll be glad
> to take over the recipe design and maintenance to make it
> better supported within PmWiki and future upgrades.

That would be fine Pm!  Feel free to take over at any time. ZAP is
enough for me. :)  I'll continue doing what I can until I see your
name on as maintainer...   Personally, I think it could be made a nice
script in the default distribution that could easily be turned on/off.
 Also, for the sidebar, there really should be a core solution, I
think.

> > (As an aside: I've found a problem with the $g1... variables and
> > pagelists; they don't work.  I think I know what the problem is -- the
> > variables are being set from the current pagename, they aren't taking
> > a pagename and processing it -- but I won't be able to work on a fix
> > until tonight or tomorrow)
>
> You're correct, as written the $g1, $g2, etc. variables will
> always acts as if someone had written {*$g1}, {*$g2}, etc.,
> regardless of any other prefix that might or might not be present.

Not sure what you mean by this but I would LOVE to have these
available in pagelists, if that's what you are talking about.

> But I think we ought to be able to do much better than $g1, $g2,
> in the first place.  :-)

Actually, I kind of like it, as it's short and easy to type.  And the
index ($g0) is very useful.  Please don't drop that.  Also, the $n1,
$n2 (and $n0) are useful--though these could be implemented externally
to the script.

Cheers,
Dan