[pmwiki-users] AuthUser and no username

Mike mike at widowitz.com
Sun Dec 23 11:57:31 CST 2007

Hi Randy & group,

Randy wrote on 22.12.2007 19:37:
> If the login form didn't prompt for both Name and password, how would
> users login? (I understood you wanted both user-based and
> page-password-based authorizations in your wiki.)
>
> You can tell users to leave Name blank if they are just entering a
> password, or maybe you can conditionally decide which parts of the
> Site.AuthForm to present.

you've got a point there... so I can accept that 99% of users will be
confronted with a username prompt that makes no sense for them (since
all they received and need is the password) so that the 1% of users with
editing rights have a place to enter their username. Maybe I will find a
way to modify the password-prompting page so that the username box is
hidden in the beginning, or something like that.

But there's another question: Until now, I had my users configured in
groups, i.e. there is a group "@editors" and a group "@readers", and
only "@readers" may view my pages.

Now, if I want Alice, Bob, and anyone who knows the password "foo" to
read my pages, what do I put into Site/AuthUser?

@readers: Alice, Bob, password:foo
or is there something like that?

Or am I forced to modify all relevant page attributes to "@readers,
foo"? (I'd really like to avoid that...)

Thanks!

Mike