[pmwiki-users] thumblist

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Wed Dec 19 20:13:26 CST 2007

> And what does " ?G = the gallery number for that page" mean?
> What is a gallery number?

This is the number of the (:thumb{list|gallery|}:) as processed by PmWiki from
the page. It is used as a pointer in template trails, supercache, and Lightbox
or potentially other installations.

If you have more than one (:thumblist usetemplate=1:) in the page, each one will
have a different "trail" of its own pictures, and the ?G variable allows this to
be used by more advanced webmasters in other (java)scripts/styles/recipes.

> Is there a way to
>
> 1. provide a link pointing to the first image in a gallery (not the
> thumb, but the normal size), so I can write  _open gallery_ as  a link
> and thuis will open the thumbgallery, i.e. I use
> (:thumblist usetemplate=1:)
> I have no way of knowing what the image filename may be.

I'm not sure if I understand your question.

(:thumblist usetemplate=1 count=1:) will display the first thumbnail with a link
to the first picture wrapped in the ImageTemplate; as this thumblist contains
one picture, there will be no prev-next links.

Maybe you need to use the link=2 or link=Group.Page parameter:
 (:thumblist link=2 count=1:)

> 2. Not knowing the image filename I like to display a thumbimage of
> the first image externally, i.e. in a different page/group (actually
> by using  a pagelist template format)
> So (:thumb image=1:) or something.

You found it correctly: (:thumblist count=1:)

Thanks,
Petko