[pmwiki-users] dual upload directories in a wiki farm

Ben Stallings ben at interdependentweb.com
Sun Dec 9 13:09:01 CST 2007

I've just set up a site for a client that has two WikiFarm fields: a
public one accessible via http and a secure one accessible only through
https (SSL).  When viewing the secure site, you can see any page in the
public site, but you can also see additional pages that are not
available through the public site.  It's pretty slick, and took a lot of
monkeying with .htaccess.

I'm wondering, though, whether it's possible to do the same thing with
uploads... that is, to allow people viewing the secure site to see files
uploaded to that group through the public site plus additional files
uploaded to the same page group through the secure site.  The page magic
was possible because $WikiDirs is an array, but $UploadDir is a scalar
-- the upload function only looks in one place for a group's uploads.

Can anyone think of a clever way around this, or should I just plan on
having completely separate upload directories for the two sites, and
copying all files that should appear on both?  --Ben S.