[pmwiki-users] Easy way to prevent all editing

Algardas alglt at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 9 05:30:42 CST 2007

Hi, Randy.

>From PmWiki-2.2.0-beta44 (2007-04-16) changelog:
* Add $EnableReadOnly flag to signal when PmWiki is to be run in
  read-only mode.

I'm using this $EnableReadOnly flag in config.php of some backed up
wikis for some months now without any problems.
I'm also using some recipe utilizing commentboxplus to create a forum
and if one tries to post a comment/forum entry with $EnableReadOnly set,
PmWiki aborts with this error message:

PmWiki can't process your request
Cannot modify site -- $EnableReadOnly is set
We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Hope this helps.
Algardas

Randy (2007-12-08 20:12):