[pmwiki-users] Persistent logins using UserAuth2 (are possible already)

ThomasP pmwikidev at sigproc.de
Tue Aug 28 09:09:46 CDT 2007

On Sun, August 12, 2007 19:56, Jason Lee wrote:

> I'm trying to implement persistent logins across sessions (ie, storing
> the login in a cookie) so that I
> don't have to log in at the start of every session.   The changelog for
> UserAuth shows this feature,
> but I can't find the equivalent feature in UserAuth2.  Is that feature
> supported yet in UA2, and if not,
> are there plans to do so in the future?  Any ETA?

Hi, sorry for late reply; always overlooking the messages for me.

Good news: the feature is there already, it is just disabled in the
standard distribution (for plain security reasons; after all it is a bit
more insecure than logging in repeatedly).

Just set

$UA2AllowCookieLogin

to true somewhere in your local/config.php. The cookie expire time (in
seconds),

$UA2CookieExpireTime

is set to 30 days by default.

ThomasP