[pmwiki-users] need photo gallery solution

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 11:32:08 CDT 2007

On 8/26/07, Peter K.H. Gragert <p.k.h.gragert at skyaccess.nl> wrote:

> > > Thanks very much,
> > > Russ
> > I use for that purpose WikiGallery but before uploading the pics I use
> > imagemagick (command line) to resize the pics, e.g. mogrify - resize
> > 1200 (but be careful, mogrify replaces the exisitng images, otherwise
> > use convert -resize).
> > --
> > Mike
> >

> A good image-program has the possibility of 'batch-conversion' = do the same
> with a choice of pictures ...
> A free one is IrfanView
> BUT you should first sort out all what is already less then 1026x784
> (because eventually they are magnified and therefore not sharp enough
> afterwards)

If you still use Windows, here's an article about using Microsoft's
free ImageResizer powertoy.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/learnmore/tips/eschelman2.mspx
There's a link to the download for WindowsXP in the article's first
paragraph.  The ImageResizer powertoy includes a batch-resizing option
to make images smaller only.  It also creates new files by default,
but includes an option to resize the originals.