[pmwiki-users] need photo gallery solution

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Sat Aug 25 00:43:18 CDT 2007

Kathryn Andersen wrote:

> I've been looking in the Images category in PmWiki, and I've just tried
> out WikiGallery
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiGallery

such recipe (and picture program) have a common drawback: modern
cameras gives picture of enormous size, much more than what many users
can cope with on internet.

thumbnails are not a solution: too small

there _is_ a solution on the net: makethumbs.sh
http://www.molenda.com/makethumbs/

with this script one can have up to 4 (four) image sizes on the same
web site.

like this anybody can see the site with the image size that is good
for his needs

this is usefull even if you don't use it for web site because it
creates the various images locally, so you can sort them and use them
after that.

it could probably also be written as a recipe, but I'm not able to do so.

there is a french (sorry) page describing this here:

http://fr.opensuse.org/G%C3%A9rer_ses_photographies

jdd