[pmwiki-users] Map Overlays?

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 08:02:34 CDT 2007

On 8/24/07, Stirling Westrup <sti at pooq.com> wrote:
> I'm planning to use a PMWiki to hold notes for a tabletop roleplaying game.
> One of the things that are standard to such games are keyed maps. I would love
> to have some way to put up a map image on a page, and then overlay icons on
> top of it, so that one could click on an icon and be taken to an explanatory page.
>
> Of course, this would require some elegant way of placing icons on top of an
> image and making sure they rendered in the correct location, regardless of
> browser.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I would best do this?

Using divs, add to your local configuration file:

  $WikiStyleCSS[] = 'position|top|left|bottom|right';

Which would enable things like:

  %define=yellowbox bgcolor=#fff7cb border='1px solid #ffad80'%
  %define=redbox    bgcolor=#fff3f3 border='1px solid #ffc9c9'%
  %define=bluebox   bgcolor=#f0f0ff border='1px solid #c6c9ff'%
  %define=greybox   bgcolor=#f9f9f9 border='1px solid #aaaaaa'%

  %define=map width=320px height=200px greybox position=relative
text-align=center%
  %define=player width=30px height=30px position=absolute text-align=center%

  (:div0:) %div map%
  This is the map showing each player's position

  >>player redbox top=30px left=20px<<
  p1
  >><<

  >>player yellowbox top=100px left=250px<<