[pmwiki-users] Login-once system

Celia Staram wafflecrumble at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 23:59:36 CDT 2007

> It sounds like you have cookies disabled in your browser.  By default,
> cookies are usually enabled, which enables the browser to send the
> password for you as long as the session hasn't expired.

If all you need is to restrict editing to yourself, you don't need
> AuthUser. Just set the edit password in your local/config.php file,
> and don't tell anyone the password.

I've tried it on both IE and Firefox, and cookies have not been disabled.

I've also pared down my local/config.php from various edit/upload/etc
permissions to just edit. Please do try it out at
http://conan.mousy.net/pmwiki.php , and the password is "password".

Behold, the contents of local/config.php:

<?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();
$WikiTitle = "PmWiki";

$DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('password');

putenv("TZ=PST8PDT");
$TimeFmt = '%B %d, %Y, at %I:%M %p PST';
?>

If anyone could point out to me where I'm messing up, please do! I'm getting
quite frustrated with the endless password requests. I'm sure the solution
is quite simple and is staring me in the face, but I can't for the life of
me figure it out. Ack!

- Celia