[pmwiki-users] Farms

Mike Shanley up at upisup.com
Wed Aug 22 09:53:25 CDT 2007

Mark Trumpold wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have tried reading the instructions on farms and I still seem to be having
> trouble. Could someone help, please ...
>
> I have a wiki (Wiki 1) running that I am very happy with.
>
> I want to make my other existing and new wikis to use the Wiki 1 get all the
> same scripts, recipes, guiedit buttons, passwords and so on.
>
> I understand about he wrapper script pointing to wiki 1 that needs to
> replace the pmwiki.php and that works (I think) but setting up the config
> etc I cant make it work or make sense of the documentation
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark

Mark,

There are a few things you need to do to get that farm working and your
scripts transfered.

1. Copy your local/config.php into local/farmconfig.php
2. In farmconfig.php, replace all include_once('cookbook/whatever.php');
with include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/whatever.php");

These two steps will make it so that all of your farms have identical
settings to your main wiki. Next, you've got to create
FarmFolder/local/config.php for all of your farms to change the title,
script url, pub dir, skin, etc etc according to the Farm wiki pages. If
you follow on all of the Farm wiki pages, you shouldn't have any problems.