[pmwiki-users] Speed up PmWiki

Martin Spindler spindler at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Mon Aug 13 20:50:15 CDT 2007

Hey Thomas,

I am very interested in the aggressive cache feature. According to [1]
there already seems to exist an implementation from your side. Is that
true?

I am using pmwiki as a blog engine with me the only one editing. This
are some of the features I would like to have:

(a) automatic export of a dynamic page -> static page (to drastically
improve performance)
(b) a page (:static-cache on/off:) switch
(c) an ?action=clearStaticPages (to allow one to remove all static pages)
(d) Compatibility with cleanUrls
(e) I do NOT need a *smart* static page export, i.e. dependencies need
not to be considered for keeping the static pages up-to-date, but I
would really like to have an automatic removal of all static pages if I
edit any page or if I add a new page.

It seems to me, that most of my requirements would/could be handled by
your suggestion. Is that correct? How general is your approach? Any down
sides?

Cheers,
Martin.
PS: I added a '5' priority to [1] (I am really waiting for such a
feature quite a long time now.)
[1]  http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00966