[pmwiki-users] update to Attach form field type (was: More answers to:More Wikiforms)

Sameer Kumar skumar at eharch.com
Mon Aug 13 19:34:11 CDT 2007

<snip>

I have tested this more carefully now and I think it works to

specification (although perhaps it's not what you want).

When you define the field in the template as specified above,

the content of the created page becomes

:Image file:Attach:Image_{$Name}.png

PmWiki translates this as a link to Image_00001.png or

Image_00002.png etc. So every page has a link to a

uniquely-named image.

>This is what I put in the FormTemplate:

>:Image:image (hide Attach:Image_$Name.png)

>This is what I got on my Projects.Add form, without an input box:

>Image:          Attach:Image_{$Name}.png

And this is correct behaviour for the hide field type.

When you say it does not work, what, precisely, do you

want it to do? I had understood that you wanted to specify

the name of the uploaded file, which this does.

I thought that the " Attach:Image_{$Name}.png" should show up as a link,
isn't it? And that clicking the link would take me to the standard
upload form where the image name will be prefilled. As of now, it does
not come up as a link. It shows up as simply text.