[pmwiki-users] CleanURLs

Sameer Kumar skumar at eharch.com
Tue Aug 7 14:27:03 CDT 2007

Sameer Kumar wrote:

> Please see this document:

> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/howto/htaccess.html

It's purely a security thing.  .htaccess files are

placed in directories that are often times less secure

than where the apache configuration files are.

That is partially true. If you read the above document, the equally
important issue seems to be related to performance. I am running my own
Apache server and have complete access to my config files. I therefore
chose to follow this advice. Is there an argument in favor of using
.htaccess files?

> which says:

> /"In general, you should never use .htaccess files unless you don't
have

pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com