[pmwiki-users] Confusing creation of new pages in wiki hiearchy??

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Mon Aug 6 23:10:05 CDT 2007

Carlos wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am really confused about how PmWiki creates new pages and would
> appreciate any help or clarification from anyone who might care to give
> it to me.
>
> Specifically I created some links on the sidebar after removing all
> existing links except the one named "edit SideBar".  My new links
> appeared with the question mark indicating the pages linked to didn't
> exist.  So far so good.  I then created the pages and then while
> clicking on other links in PmWiki like "initial setup tasks" or other
> pre-existing links, the sidebar links appear next to the pre-existing
> pages with question marks again.  Though I already created them!
>
> If I then go to the browser address bar and replace
> "http://localhost/PmWiki/pmwiki.php?n=PmWiki.InitialSetupTasks" with
> "http://localhost/PmWiki/pmwiki.php?n=Site.InitialSetupTasks" my sidebar
> links to existing pages appear again.  This time without the question
> marks.
>
> How can I set up a wiki that has NO pages such that there is no
> confusion between existing pages that come with the installation and
> those that I am creating??

Links need to be fully qualified inside of pages that are included
on all pages (e.g. the SideBar).

I'm just guessing, but perhaps you specified a link at (for example):

[[Help]]

(which if in the Main group would be Main.Help, but if in the Other
group it would be Other.Help)

So.. better:

[[Main.Help]]
or