[pmwiki-users] Help! :-( Form Data Being Posted 2-3 times

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Aug 5 15:42:19 CDT 2007

OK this time I'm begging.

If you are a  naive admin and don't know PHP then you can get yourself
into a pickle.

I have a ZAP form. very simple. it posts  5 short strings of text to
PTV's onto
a new page...(a To Do form) that's all...the Group.Name of the new page
are dynamically generated from the text string of the group from
which the TODO was submitted and the $name of the new page
is a thread number 4-digit integer

It is site wide in the Site.AllGroupsFooter and after upgrading to
2.2.0-beta-62, on a single submit, the post "operation" is being run twice.
We get two identical new pages with the same data.

Further more, where  previously the page from which the data was posted
would  update immediately and return a page list with the newly created
page which
would automatically appear "runtime" at the top of the page inthe
Site.PageTopMenu,

The page is now, no longer being updated. If I try to reload at this
point by clicking "reload"  PMwiki beta 62 seems to have "cached"
the Post "directive" andI get the screen:

"Confirm: The page you are trying to view contains POSTDATA that has
expired from Cache. if you resend the data, any action the form carried
  out (such as a search or online purchase) will be repeated. To resend
the data, click OK. Otherwise, click Cancel"

If I click OK it get yet a third instance of the new page...

TODO-Donations.1000
TODO-Donations.1001  # these two created initially on first, single, submit

TODO-Donations.1002 # created on attempt to reload the page.

In a possibly related problem: If I am editing for sometime in a page
and click "Save and Edit" and come back later... make some more change
and click "Save" even though I know for sure others are not
working on the page and I only have it open in one window.. PMWiki
responds with the 2nd attempt to save saying (not exact words, but you
know the msg) "The page was being edited some else, and I need to merge
the two..." I click "Save" and it posts the previous edit-state before I
had clicked "Save and Edit"  underneath wtih the usual

<<<<<<<<
new version
<<<<<<<
old version

I'm probably wrong, but possibly the double post of the form and this
edit problem are related? PMwiki seems to have a memory now for
data-directives it should be forgetting...??

Help! TIA

Thanks
Sivakatirswami