[pmwiki-users] Embedding a blog

Steve Glover steve at fell-services.net
Fri Aug 3 08:45:32 CDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 17:31 +1000, Gemsling wrote:
> Does anyone here have experience with embedding a blog in PmWiki and
> would care to share some general thoughts/advice?

I originally went the Kevin/Kathryn route, reskinning blosxom (a
perl-based blog we use for our news pages) to give it as much as
possible of the same look and feel as the PmWiki parts of our site
(http://www.ukfederation.org.uk).

However, this means that a separate login system is necessary for
updating the news section (and yet a third for the home page), so it
seemed like it would be a very good idea to rip out the news section and
redo it in PmWiki - ideally in such a way that reskinned news stories
would be findable at the same URL that they were created at (yes, will
need lots of mod_rewrite dinking).

This, though, is proving a bit harder than I expected (renaming the blog
to news in blogsimple is not just a matter of a global text edit, and
blogsimple2 doesn't seem to like something else on the wiki), so I
suspect I'm going to have to either give up on the idea, or suddenly
learn how to write an appropriate recipe myself....

Cheer

Steve Glover at                          email: steve at fell-services.net
SDSS, EDINA, University of Edinburgh,          tel: +44 (0)131-650 2908
Causewayside House, 160 Causewayside,          fax: +44 (0)131-650 3308
Edinburgh EH9 1PR                          mobile: +44 (0) 7961 446 902