[pmwiki-users] Group Default Name Musings

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Aug 2 23:08:07 CDT 2007

For a project management type of wiki I'm wondering
what other admins have discovered about a default name
for groups "home pages" Programatically I think just
about anything will work...(I hope... for Cluster)

We use these as  navigation hubs
with pages lists linking to "child" pages... and overview write ups
for the group or project.

I've started with, for  single a project, setting up groups like:

FAQ.FAQ
FAQ-Documentation.FAQ.Documentation
FAQ-Database.FAQ.Database
FAQ-UserInterfaces.FAQ-UserInterfaces

With the Cluster recipe this works really
well for buildling navigation links keeping all
the pages  together accessible in the Cluster....

but I'm finding that using the above page as central "hubs"
for each of their respective groups, these names are not
helpful to naive users:

So, the other way(s) to go could be

FAQ.HomePage
FAQ-Documentation.HomePage
FAQ-Database.HomePage
FAQ-UserInterfaces.HomePage

Or

FAQ.Index
FAQ-Documentation.Index
FAQ-Database.Index
FAQ-UserInterfaces.Index

Or

FAQ.Directory
FAQ-Documentation.Directory
FAQ-Database.Directory
FAQ-UserInterfaces.Directory

or

FAQ.Overview
FAQ-Documentation.Overview
FAQ-Database.Overview
FAQ-UserInterfaces.Overview

Anyone have a track record of user reactions in this area
to offer your experience, recommendations?

I'm all ears

Sivakatirswami