[pmwiki-users] Why all this zapping?

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 14:07:31 CDT 2007

On 4/30/07, The Editor <editor at fast.st> wrote:
> On 4/30/07, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> > Monday, April 30, 2007, 11:37:49 AM, The wrote:
> >
> > I like to dissuade any contributing author on pmwiki.org to use more
> > than one Profile name, purely for the sake of avoiding confusion.
>
> I've noticed programmers tend to take themselves a bit too seriously
> at times.  Poking in a bit of fun here and there might not be so bad
> at times.

While it's okay to be light hearted, multiple screen names has a term:
sockpuppet.[1] When you use the other fictitious account to justify
one's actions (e.g. having your "associate" validate your decisions),
then you're being intentionally deceptive. There's no humor in that.

[1]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_sock_puppet

--
Ben Wilson
"Words are the only thing which will last forever" Churchill