[pmwiki-users] Enableing pmWiki for SSL

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Apr 29 11:37:14 CDT 2007

On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 01:14:14AM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> On 4/28/07, IchBin <weconsul at ptd.net> wrote:
> > I looked at the docs for using SSL in pmWiki. I found the pre version
> > 2.2.0-beta18 SwitchToSSLMode recipe. Also saw the
> > SwitchToSSLMode-Talk recipe.
> >
> I don't think this has anything to do with the recipe at
>
>    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SwitchToSSLMode
>
> which doesn't use str_replace.  It looks like something from the
> (very) old recipe that was in the PmWiki V1 Cookbook.
>
> Try the current version of the recipe.

In looking at the current version of the recipe, it says:

  if (@$_SERVER['HTTPS'] == 'on' || @$_SERVER['SERVER_PORT'] == '443')
  {
    header("Location: https://www.example.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php");
    exit('<html><body>
  }

The conditional seems backwards to me -- the redirect
should be executed only if the browser is not already using
HTTPS, but as I read the above it seems like the redirect
occurs whenever we're already using HTTPS (and thus results
in an endless loop).

Am I missing something here?