[pmwiki-users] Questions for creating a recipe - what are all the cool functions?

Peter Kay petya_98 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 28 23:44:10 CDT 2007

Hello everyone!  We've got PmWiki, and, like so many others, I find I
want to extend it.  However, I'm a little fuzzy on where to start, and
I'm hoping you here can give me some pointers.

First, a brief description of what I'd like to do:  I would like to
modify the idea of the "Tabledit" to allow editing a block of text in a
page by clicking on it.  So, for example, I'd like to have "My hair is
(:sometag:)green(:sometagend:)" and have it render as a link around
"green" upon which clicking a new page would appear that would allow
editing it.

My background: perl, but no php, but I'm not worried about that one.

My Big Question:  I'm looking through the code for tabledit, and it's
full of all these cool functions ("Markup", "FmtPageName", "PostPage",
etc).  A few of them were explained on the ModuleGuidelines page, but
all too few.  What are they?  What do they do?  Is there a super-handy
page that lists them all?

Thanks!

--Peter