[pmwiki-users] Simplifying my PmWiki involvement

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Apr 27 11:44:22 CDT 2007

> "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> 4/26/2007 10:28 AM >>>

> Just to let people know my plans, I'm expecting to either adopt or
> offer versions of several of Hans' existing recipes.  In particular,
> I'm looking at

>     NewPageBoxPlus
>     GuiButtons
>     PTVReplace
>     CommentBoxPlus
>     ShowHide
>     BackgroundImages
>     AutoGroupPages

GuiButtons should be part of the core I think:
A (:guibuttons:) markup for use with any text form.

In fact the recipe I put up just duplicates the code from
scripts/guiedit.php. guiedit could be used if it would be loaded.
but stdconfig.php loads it only if action=edit.

Mind you if we get a general (:guibuttons:) markup for text forms, it
would be good to be able to specify a different set of buttons.
I use  a limited set for use with comment box for instance, and a much
bigger set for std page editing. Also text boxes often have not got so
much space, so a limited set is perhaps better. so i think
(:guibuttons:) and (:e_guibuttons:) should use different arrays of
buttons.

AutoGroupPages was Pm's creation anyway. I used the idea in
NewGroupBox.

PTVReplace recipe is quite limited: it provides link markup with which to
change a number of specified PTVs on the page.
If ptv-replacing becomes part of the standard form processing it may be
good to be able to replace PTVs on a different page, and I think it is
also good to be able to specify which PTVs should be replaced.

  ~Hans