[pmwiki-users] Fun with five star rating

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Apr 26 17:03:59 CDT 2007

Thursday, April 26, 2007, 10:51:32 PM, Kathryn wrote:

> Is there a way that one can change one's vote?
> When I voted again, it just added a new vote.
> Would it be possible, if someone votes with the same name, to *replace*
> the vote rather than adding a new one?

That would be cool. But I am not sure how to do it.
Fox allows a deletelink, so one could easily delete a row with the
name and option voted for. But the summing of votes is not depended on
those lines at all. The sums of votes for each option are stored in PTVs,
one per option. To ask the line delete to subtract from this seems a
bit too funky. To do a proper summing up using the table would be
nice, then we are into spreadsheets! One could write a PTV per table
row, but they all need individual names... So you see, no easy way
that I can see, yet.

  ~Hans