[pmwiki-users] ZAP edit/insert update...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Apr 25 11:34:11 CDT 2007

It seems the only forms-breaking change to come about to ZAP after all
the points I brought up yesterday or so will be splitting edit into
edit and insert.

(I even decided to keep create as it will not overwrite existing pages
and thus may be preferable in some situations.  It can also create
multiple pages. Templated.).

Here is the syntax for the two new commands as it seems to have played
out on my home machine. Just a last minute chance for improvements
before I release the final code.

EDIT
edit=pagename  saves (overwrites) editbody contents to the page,
editbody fully templated. diff etc as expected.  can be used to edit
page text just like Site.EditForm.

edit=pagename#ID13123432  saves editbody contents to the appropriate
section of the page (section defined by the anchor id). Again fully
templated, and the section content can be retrieved into the textarea
as desired, or cleanly deleted by setting to ''.

INSERT
insert=pagename(append,prepend,top,sort,trim=5)
By default, inserts content of insertbody onto end of page, but
optionally can be set to top, before or after a marker. Can also be
sorted by id, and trimmed to a certain number. insertbody is fully
templated.

insertid=1234124123  If set, adds an anchor id to the beginning of the
insertion which can be used for editing sections (often a timestamp
but could be anything). Also allows a deletelink to be generated.

By separating the two functions, the syntax seems to fall much simpler
and the code a bit less mind-bending.  It adds a few lines, as there
are duplicate steps in both, but a small price for the easier syntax.

Curious if Pm has any input on the syntax being planned for page
insertions in core and how it might compare?  Also, if there are any
features in Fox I've missed that users might like added?

Will release the new code shortly after I have a bit of time to test
and debug it a bit better.

Cheers,
Dan