[pmwiki-users] ZAP syntax ideas...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Apr 25 10:23:05 CDT 2007

On 4/25/07, Ben Stallings <ben at interdependentweb.com> wrote:
> Dan wrote,
> > 9. (:zapget:) {$var} -> {(get var)}
> > Came up with a better idea still. Realized GET variables could be set
> > automatically as page variables without requiring zapget. It would
> > break no forms and make future forms easier.
>
> It would also make hacking easier, since GET variables can be set by any
> monkey with a keyboard.  Please reconsider.  This idea has DANGER - DO
> NOT CROSS tape all over it.  --Ben

What risks are you thinking about?  And for that matter, what's to
stop someone from going to a page with (:zapget:) on it now and doing
the same thing?

How about if I made it so it only set them if they were not already
set, making it impossible to overwrite them? Is that what you were
thinking?

It's easy enough to leave as it is, but I like the new approach...

Cheers,
Dan