[pmwiki-users] Creating default group pages?

Roman romat2 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 08:52:19 CDT 2007

On 4/24/07, Neil Herber (nospam) <nospam at eton.ca> wrote:
> On 2007-04-24 Roman is rumoured to have said:
> > Hans, would it be difficult to modify AutoGroupPages recipe to create also group directory in "uploads"? Roman
>
> Roman
>
> There is really no need to do this, because PmWiki creates the upload
> directory when it needs it.

I know, but I was thinking about something different. In intranet
environment I already opened up uploads directory as a shared folder,
so it's much easier for authors to manipulate with attachments (i.e.
copy, update, delete) using file manager than using pmwiki uploads
action. I want to make it better and instead of "?action=upload" link
on each page I want direct link to ".../uploads/<group>" directory
which will open file manager with directory that belongs to current
page. That is the reason why I wanted to "auto-create" this directory
so the link will be always working. Now it's not working when group
does not have any attachment yet.

This could be useful not only for intranets but also for sites
available on internet where access to uploads directory can be served
by FTP server or HTTP file server (http://www.rejetto.com/hfs/), of
course with proper access rights.

Roman