[pmwiki-users] LaTeX markup and PmWiki

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 02:40:40 CDT 2007

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007, Kathryn Andersen wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 10:16:27PM -0300, Jos? Geraldo Gouv?a wrote:
>> b) The second tool is to export PmWiki documents to LaTeX. As we all
>> know, pdfLaTeX produces beautiful PDF documents with just a bit of
>> configuration. If the action=print transforms PmWiki markup into basic
>> LaTeX markup you can just cut'n'paste it into a properly configured
>> LaTeX document and get a pretty printed document.
>
> I believe the PublishPDF recipe
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PublishPDF does something like this,
> though I think it exports to some XML format and uses a server which
> does the convert-to-LaTeX and convert-to-PDF stuff.

John Rankin has been working on a long time on the recipe PublishPDF that
takes PmWiki markup, converts it to XML, then to LaTeX and finally to PDF.
This is functional by the way, so when I say working, I actually mean that
he's working on adding support for bibliographies.

Jose', if you know something about LaTeX, I suspect John wouldn't mind
help.

/C