[pmwiki-users] Summary lines in cookbook recipe info

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Apr 22 05:06:23 CDT 2007

Wednesday, April 18, 2007, 6:38:58 PM, Patrick wrote:

> If the separate pages describe sufficiently distinct tasks,
> then to me it's okay for them to exist as separate pages even
> if they all rely on a common script or engine. However, they
> should probably tend to exist in separate categories -- for example,
> all of the Fox* recipes seem to appear in the "forms" category
> even when what they are describing isn't really about forms.
> I wouldn't classify FoxVotingList or FoxBlog in the [[!Forms]]
> category -- yes, they use forms to do the work, but they aren't
> about forms, nor is someone looking for those capabilities
> likely to be looking in the "Forms" category.

At the moment any recipe using forms is added to the Forms category.
If we want to change this, we need to find some homes for some.

Any suggestions as to what category to use for recipes about voting
etc.? There is a "Voting" category, is that sufficient? There are four
voting recipes in the Forms category (two Fox applications, two
others). Voting does not appear in the sidebar, so if we only use
Voting, then the recipes will perhaps be overlooked? (I know  a search
for "voting" turns up all of them).

Which category shall we use for page management recipes? Like
NewPageBox, NewGroupBox, RenamePage and some others for help with page
creation, moving, copying, renaming etc? Is CMS sufficient, or even
correct? Or are all general Administration?

I tend to think that the categories listed in Cookbook.SideBar shall
be inclusive for all, so any recipe will share a category listed in the
sidebar. This way the sidebar categories become the major index. I
thought that that was the intention.

  ~Hans