[pmwiki-users] Group Ownerships Getting Changed to Apache!

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Apr 20 22:44:04 CDT 2007

I am suddenly experiencing a strange (painful) phenomenon.

a) I have  this set in my local farmconf.php

$WikiDir = new PageStore('wiki.d/{$Group}/{$FullName}');

pages in groups are folderized.

b) I am suddenly no longer able to create new groups

c) some group-folders are suddenly reverting to "apache" as the owner
and group
for reasons that are not at all clear.  Links to pages in these groups
now appear with
a question mark as if they don't exist. I have to log in from terminal
and manually

chown wikihinduorg  some-group-folder
chgrp psacln  some-group-folder

and then they appear again.

Can anyone thing of any actions that would cause ownership and group to
revert to  "apache" for directories in wiki.d?

I am also using

include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/cluster.php");

on this same site. and in at least one case all the groups in a cluster

HTDE
HTDE-Subscriptions
HTDE-Statistics
HTDE-WebInterFace