[pmwiki-users] Formifying the PITS? (Was: fun with forms)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Apr 20 13:37:39 CDT 2007

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 05:22:31PM +0200, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:

> >>Looks very neat! Are you considering to "formify" the PITS as well?
> >
> >That is one of my primary targets, yes.
>
> I'd be interested in helping you by testing a formified version of PITS
> for use with the pmwiki-mode wiki. So far I'm not using PITS or anything
> there. Should I try to install PITS now, or should I wait a little while?
> I.e., do you expect changes to the PITS related code?

Most of the PITS related recipe code will go away, as the core
will be able to handle almost everything.

For example, you may have noticed that I've already eliminated
the (:pitslist:) directives from http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS --
now all of the listings are being generated using (:pagelist:).

So, don't install PITS.php now, because it won't be at all the
same when I'm done.    It may even become just one or two
lines of configuration variables.