[pmwiki-users] DataPlates update

Ben Stallings Ben at InterdependentWeb.com
Wed Apr 18 21:39:44 CDT 2007

The DataPlates demo site has been updated to use the latest PmWiki and
Acme/ZAP.  For the record, no changes to the code were necessary to make
forms work with the new Acme; the changes were all to the documentation
to reflect the new filenames, etc.

DataPlates had its public debut last week at
http://www.psduua.org/Delegates, where it was used to allow
congregations to name their delegates to a regional conference, directly
on the sign-in sheet, which the registrar then simply printed from the
Web page.  The number of blanks for each congregation is specified by a
field in a database table, which was imported (along with the
congregation names and states and logins and passwords) from a
spreadsheet.  The delegate names were recorded in the same table, which
can now be exported back to a spreadsheet for office use.

I'm pleased to report that not only did the congregational staff say
they found the online delegate-naming process easier and simpler than
doing it on paper, but 10% more of them used it than used the paper
forms last year!  I hope that others will find this as useful as I have!
  --Ben