[pmwiki-users] a simple rating system for recipes

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Apr 18 14:48:15 CDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 12:41:04PM -0700, Martin Fick wrote:
> I don't think that it is working right.
>
> The ratings are in order:  5-13230-15
> minus the dups:            5-13235
> ordered by rank:           55332-1
> But the recipe reports:    55332 0XX

The recipe doesn't look for duplicate ratings from the same person--
it's okay for someone to enter more than one rating.  (We could
see about preventing this... but that just means that someone could
use multiple names.)  It's an open-editing environment anyway, so
we already assume some level of trust among the community.

Negative ratings are listed as "X" in the final output, because
otherwise the minus signs mess things up.

So ratings of +5 -1 +3 +2 +3 +0 -1 and +5 are first
sorted to produce +5 +5 +3 +3 +2 +0 -1 -1, and then are
converted to characters to produce "55332 0XX".