[pmwiki-users] Summary lines in cookbook recipe info

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Apr 18 06:43:25 CDT 2007

Wednesday, April 18, 2007, 12:16:03 PM, The wrote:

> Namely, that recipe writers only have one recipe page for each
> distinct recipe, and not a completely separate page for each possible
> application of it--like ZAPforum, ZAPblog, ZAPvote, etc..  Those could
> all be stored in a ZAP group and links to the sample uses of the
> recipe be made from the ZAP recipe page.

I think this is not reasonable for a general form processing script.
It needs to be documented in its generality, as well, if possible,
working examples given how to implement a variety of uses. And as my
experience tells, those examples should be as detailed as possible, if
possible work "out of the box", or require only simple copy and paste
to create working pages. This is too much for a single page in
cookbook. Yes we could create a group for these "applications", and
link to it. But storage or name conflicts are hardly the issue here.

The issue is that such "applications" like FoxForum, FoxBlog etc. are
appearing in pagelists as separate entries, which to me they are, as
each will answer a particular question, for instance looking for a
forum to be used inside PmWiki. Someone looking for a forum recipe
will not necessarily look for a general form processor. So I think it
is good use of cookbook pages.

And someone looking for a forum will not likely scan 6 lines of
"Summary" of Acme/ZAP to see if it contains the word forum.
Six lines of summary is a longer description, and will not aid quick
pagelist scans to find what one is searching.

  ~Hans